The health and well-being of staff and students is a high priority. All parents, students, staff, and visitors are required to screen themselves daily at home before reporting to work/school for any COVID-like symptom development. Students/staff experiencing any COVID symptoms as defined by the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) should not report to school/work. These are the symptoms to watch for:
· Achiness (muscles/body)
· Shortness of breath
· New cough
· Fatigue from unknown cause
· Fever (100.4 F or higher)
· New onset of moderate or severe headache
· New loss of sense of taste/smell
· Sore throat
What to do if a child or staff member has covid symptoms or tests positive for COVID:
1. Get a COVID test (we recommend Rapid ID Now at Walgreens which guarantees results in 24 hours) or stay home for 5 days from symptom onset and 24 hours fever free with improvement of symptoms and until 48 hours after diarrhea and vomiting have ceased.
2. If positive for COVID, report the results to the school. You will need to quarantine for 5 days from the start of symptom onset and notify all close contacts. Return to school/work on day 6 if you are fever free for 24 hours and until 48 hours after diarrhea and vomiting have ceased and have seen an improvement of symptoms. We will disinfect the classroom.
3. If negative for COVID, stay home until symptoms have improved. Return to school with proof of a negative covid test or a note from the doctor with an alternate diagnosis.
What to do if a child (at least 3 feet apart) or staff member (6 feet apart) were a close contact of someone for a cumulative total of 15 minutes or more over a 24-hour period of someone who tested positive for COVID? (An infected person’s period of infectiousness begins 48 hours before the onset of symptoms or 48 hours before the positive sample was obtained if they were asymptomatic)
Recommended: Test-to-Stay (For Staff and kids in pre-k-12th grade who are symptom free):
Watch for symptoms to appear. Individuals may want to get a test on Days 1, 3, and 5 following an exposure to a confirmed COVID case and continue to attend school/work and extracurricular activities.
· Bus close contact: If next to, across the aisle, row in front or row behind, recommend test to stay.
What to do if a household member or roommate tests positive for COVID?
Recommended: Watch for symptoms and get tested every other day for 5 days.
How will I be notified when there is a positive COVID-19 case at Quentin Road?
· We will contact you through email and Procare if there is a positive case in your child's class so that you can watch for symptoms.
· Social Distancing
o We will try to keep the kids spread out when practical (lunchtime, nap time, story time, craft time), but we don’t want them to be anxious about this or get upset because we won’t let them play with their friends. They will interact with only the kids in their classroom, but not with any other classes.
o At nap time, children will be placed head to toe to further reduce the potential for virus spread.
o We will do our best to prevent interaction with other classes and to keep the same teachers with the class to limit exposure to more people. Classes may combine from 6:30am -8:30am & 4:30pm-6:00pm when there are fewer staff and children present.
o Children riding our buses will sit in assigned seats.
o We have 43 acres, and we plan on using all of them to give everyone space.
o Only one class at a time will occupy the playgrounds and gymnasiums
· Ventilation – we will open windows in classrooms and on buses whenever the weather allows to increase ventilation.
· Handwashing – We ask everyone to clean their hands upon arrival. We will ask the children to clean their hands before and after each activity throughout the day. We do have a nurse on staff to do health checks and make sure that we are all washing our hands correctly.
· Face Masks
o Quentin Road Christian Schools are "mask recommended, but not required."
o We will have masks on-site for those in need.
· Testing Sites – there are many places that you can get a covid test.
o We recommend Rapid ID Now at Walgreens which guarantees results in 24 hours. You can make an appointment for drive-thru testing at Walgreens.com.
· Food Service
o We are not going to use drinking fountains at school, but we will provide disposable cups of water. Your child is welcome to bring a water bottle from home if it goes home daily to be cleaned.
o We will spread staff and children out as much as possible during snacks and meals
· Cleaning & Disinfecting
o All toys, tables, chairs, and frequently touched items in the classrooms will be sprayed with Lysol at the end of each school day
We truly could not be more pleased with the education, values, and structure provided by QRCP and would highly recommend it to any family.
We are located on a 45 acre campus in Lake Zurich, IL with a combined 150,000 sq ft. of modern facilities. QRCP provides a variety of childcare services. We are blessed to have an excellent staff and a wonderful facility that includes a huge indoor playland, computer lab, swimming pool, inflatables, two full-size indoor gymnasiums, a rock climbing wall, miniature train rides, security system and two state of the art outdoor play areas.
Copyright 2020 Quentin Road Christian Preschool | Lake Zurich, IL